Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Eye of the Storm



We haven't yet had the full force of hurricane season here, but I anticipate that it will be interesting. In our kids' school binders, several of the teachers have typed in a "hurricane alternative" curriculum for the days we're stuck at home. Like a snow day I guess! I'm sure we'll get to know the weather reporters on the local news well.
I feel like a weather reporter myself sometimes when it comes to updates about our transition, "The subtropical storm depression Gina from last week has temporarily subsized, but from the north side of the house we are detecting a storm surge from potential tropical storm Ethan. Parents, be advised."
Yes, if it's not one of us, it's another. As I lay awake the other night praying about this, God reminded me that He has seen thousands, hundreds of thousands, nay probably millions of people, through transitions. He walked through those with them; He will walk with us.  He controls the wind, the rain. He is my eye of the storm, the shelter.
"Seek the Lord and his strength. Seek his presence continually!" Psalm 105:4

No comments:

Post a Comment